Mike Soniat July 8, 2015 •
We're proud to announce the release of additional support documentation. The documentation there is fresh, so please let us know if you run into anything that isn't clear and concise. We appreciate your feedback!
To access the Updated Customer Support Documentation:
- Log in to: https://mjobtime.zendesk.com/home by clicking Login in the upper right corner.
- To request login credentials, please email our technical support team at email@example.com with the subject line "Support Login Request".
- You must be a current mJobTime customer.
- Once logged in, click DOCUMENTATION on the green menu bar
- Menu: The Documentation menu will appear along the left side, detailing instructions for using both the Web and Window's versions of mJobTime.
- Search: You may also search by the topic you are looking for by entering it in the search bar in the upper right corner.
While you're logged in to the mJobTime Customer Support Portal, you can also:
- Submit a technical support ticket
- Check on the status of existing support tickets
- Request new program features
- Review details of new build upgrades
- Download new build upgrades
Support Agent 108 Sep 14 •
A notice to our valued customers:
As you may be aware, the Google Chrome browser recently instated a secure origins requirement (HTTPS certificate) to continue the use of their Geolocation feature, which directly affected the use of mJobTime’s GPS Manager module with the Chrome browser. What this meant for our customers that did not have a secure site is, they could no longer obtain a GPS location while using the Chrome browser to access their mJobTime site, unless they obtained a HTTPS certificate for their mJobTime site. Other browsers, such as Safari and the Android Internet browser, were and are able to be used in the interim of obtaining a certificate.
The main purpose of this notice is to inform you that other browsers will likely follow suit in the near future. It is our understanding that this requirement will affect not only the GPS feature, but others as well which are unknown at this time. Therefore, it is our recommendation that all mJobTime customers utilizing the mJobTime web application obtain a HTTPS certificate for their mJobTime site to avoid any possible disruptions in the use of mJobTime features. For more information on obtaining a certificate, please contact your IT personnel and/or domain provider.
While we do understand this may impose a slight burden on our customers, we also feel that the end result of this will be a positive one, meaning your mJobTime site will be a safer environment for your trusted data. We want to thank you for your understanding and continuing patronage as we strive to meet and exceed your needs.
Have a great day!